Day 1 of summer did not seem much like summer vacation. The three language arts and social studies teachers who remain from this year met with out new team member to begin planning for next year. Since we are continuing our work on creating and implementing standards, we began with writing our "Enduring Understandings" for language arts....what do we want our students to remember that we taught them twenty years from now. Neat thing is that we all seem to be on the same page, and all of us want to create a love of learning.
On another note, my two children left with friends to go camping for the weekend...it is so hard seeing your children grow up and not "need" you any more. I know they still need me, and I can't wait to hear the stories of what they forgot and such. I am sure these are the experiences that teach them about the real world. How I would love to save them from some if these lessons!It seems like yesterday we were packing their bag for first grade.
So, here's to new beginnings for me and for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment